DIY – How to Make Sprinkles Ornaments for Christmas. This is a really easy DIY, but the effect is really colourful and cute. Brighten up your tree or decor with these sprinkle-y fun baubles! Check out the tutorial …
You will need:
- Clear Ornaments. I bought mine from Spotlight (9 Pack $9). Similar – HERE – 50mm Clear Glass Ball Ornaments – Pack of 10
- Sprinkles / 100’s & 1000’s. Mine were from Woolworths (Dollar Sweets Brand). Similar – HERE – Rainbow Nonpareils
- Glue. Clag Gum (Officeworks $4). Similar – HERE – Elmer’s Clear School Glue
- Washi Tape. Similar – HERE – Single Roll Washi Tape
- Container. For your Sprinkles / 100’s & 1000’s
- Ribbon. Different colour if you want to change what the baubles comes with.
- String. Or similar to hang your baubles on while they dry.
- Pegs. To also hang while they dry.
How to:Washi Tape around your ornaments, so that the bottom half is still plain glass.
Coat the bottom half with a thin even layer of glue.
Roll around the glue coated bottom half in your container of sprinkles.
You can give the ornaments a ‘bath’ in the sprinkles, to make sure they’re fully covered, but be gentle. Swishing around too much will just loosen the sprinkles.
Continue to coat each ornament with the sprinkles and hang to dry.
Gently remove the Washi Tape. Hopefully you will have a fairly straight line.
Colourful Sprinkles Ornaments ready for Christmas!