You will need:
- Cork Backed Coaster. These were from an op / thrift shop – 6 for $1.
- Paint. Plus Brush. Only if you want to change the colour of your coaster.
- Air Plant. Purchased from Bunnings for $6.99. This particular one is Tillandsia Cotton Candy. It’s information card says “Compact cultivar to 10cm, attractive pink flowering heads appear when mature. Hardy, great indoors or outdoors, water regularly.” How could you go past a plant with a name like Cotton Candy!
- Glue. This time I used E6000.
- Magnet. To make it into a fridge magnet.
How to :
Paint the coaster if you like. I painted mine in neon pink just to brighten it up, plus to cover the original backing (even though you won’t see it), then glue the magnet to the back.
Glue your Tillandsia to the cork. Attach a little moss if liked. You’re done.
There are few plants that are ugly. It’s how you use them that may not be pretty.
– Christian Louboutin