DIY – How to Make Halloween Bat Earrings using buttons. Easy craft with tutorial steps … Get ready for Halloween!
A few years ago, I had another Etsy shop. I made necklaces, brooches, rings and earrings. A few of the earrings I sold were actually made from buttons. They were pretty popular (I had nearly 1200 sales in the shop). Buttons are great to use as there is a lot of choice of designs and many are just the right size for earrings too.
I’ve since moved on from selling these accessories on Etsy, but I still like to make them and I thought I’d show you just how easy it is to make earrings from buttons. Here’s a quick DIY on How to Make Halloween Bat Earrings.
You will need:
- Bat Buttons. Mine are from my Etsy days.
- E-6000 Glue. A little is strong – what you need.
- Earring Findings. My preference is for 6mm surgical steel.
- Snips. Anything strong enough to cut the ‘loops’ off buttons.
- Exacto Knife / Scalpel. Helps to clean the excess from the ‘loops’.
Gather your buttons. Choose ones suitably sized for the ears.
Snip the loops off the back. Depending on the plastic, some are easier than others.
If the buttons are in two parts, be sure to glue between the pieces for strength.
Glue on your earring backs and let dry for at least 24 hours before using.
Easy! There’s lots of variety in novelty buttons, for every occasion, so you can make many more!