Urban Jungle Bloggers – Show Your Plant Gang

ujb urban jungle bloggers show your plant gang adorablestUrban Jungle Bloggers Show your Plant Gang! Some members of the extended plant family who had never met, came together for this photo. The cacti live outside and others in various inside rooms.

Some plants not photographed were “on a health retreat” … I have a Purple Shamrock (Oxalis triangularis) for example that is having its rest period at the moment.

new guinea flat tassel fernThe plant in the hanger is my most recent purchase. It’s Huperzia nummularifolia or New Guinea Flat Tassel Fern. It is the most unique plant with it’s flowing flattened chains!

Claire

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Green Obsessions May 15, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Love love love that Fern! Never seen it before. Your plant gang seem to be getting along, considering they have only met for the first time 😉 Always a pleasure reading your blog! Keep the cute shiny pretty things coming.

• Reply Adorablest May 15, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Hehe Thanks 🙂 I’d never seen it before either. It was $33! but it was one of those “gotta have it” moments! Check out heatonsferns.com.au if you’d like to see more varieties.

• Reply Igor May 21, 2015 at 9:46 pm

A wonderful combination of plants and a great styling!! Thanks for joining us Urban Jungle Bloggers and I agree, that fern is amazing, never saw it before!

• Reply Judith May 22, 2015 at 2:17 am

Your green family looks so adorable! Love how you speak about them like real family members. Rest well Oxalis 😉 Thank you for joining the Urban Jungle Bloggers again!

• Reply Adorablest May 23, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Thanks so much Judith. UJB is really fun!

• Reply Monsterscircus Monsterscircus May 24, 2015 at 8:29 am

Ohhh I love your plant gang and I’m deeply in love with your blue plant stand, sooo pretty! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend:-)

• Reply Adorablest May 25, 2015 at 12:17 am

Thanks for stopping by. I love your style and your blog! I’m still trying to ‘adopt’ a Marimo. When I do, I will surely link back to you as the inspiration 🙂

• Reply Local Ecologist May 26, 2015 at 10:31 am

I don’t think I have seen (or heard of) a New Guinea Flat Tassel Fern. It’s lovely!

• Reply Adorablest May 27, 2015 at 5:17 pm

I hadn’t either when I saw it. I’ve since found out it is an epiphyte (not really a “fern”). Nature is so amazing!