DIY – Valentine’s Day Sweet Card. Make this giant “Sweet” Card (or lolly or candy, depending on where you live). The inspiration came from a little silver pill box that was given to me recently, that opens on its back hinge only. This card opens the same way.
You will need:
- Manila Folder. I used red. It’s VALENTINE’S DAY 🙂
- Glitter Spray. Again, I used red…
- Ribbon. Just a small piece. I used black.
- Pencil, Eraser, Scissors & Glue.
- Access to a Printer. Or handwrite your message.
How to :
- Trace the sweet (lolly/candy) shape onto the manila folder. Be sure to leave a 3cm (just over an inch) ‘hinge’ join on the fold.
- Use masking tape to create diagonal lines and spray with your glitter spray (outside and not near the neighbours!)
- Print or hand write your message on paper. Position the text and use the cardboard like a template and make an outline of it onto the paper (flip over if need to). Trim away most of the excess paper, but leave a 5mm around your pencil line. Glue. Now trim the rest of the excess paper (doing it like this helps keep a neat outline finish).
- Add the ribbon, or other embellishments.
- Give to your beloved …