Yes I know there are about a million mug cake recipes out there, but this one is a little different, I promise.
So … Valentine’s Day is coming up and if you like a little hot and spicy in your life 😉 this Chili Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is for you. This is my own invention and this treat is so easy, but oh so yummy with the coming together of a couple of (my) two favourite things – TABASCO sauce and NUTELLA. Read on for the easy recipe in all its deliciousness!
You will need:
- Self Raising Flour. Otherwise use Plain Flour with Baking Powder (NOT Baking Soda!) to make the ratio of SR Flour.
- Nutella. A staple in the cupboard here, but buy if you need.
- Milk. Skim was in our fridge, but Whole Milk or other will work just fine.
- Tabasco Pepper Sauce. The PLAIN variety. As delicious as it is, the Chipotle one might not taste the best in this recipe!
- Mug. Since this is a Valentine’s Day post, I’m using this heart mug!
- Long Metal Spoon. For mixing and eating.
As with many of my recipes, I don’t measure exactly, but somehow they still manage to turn out (mostly 🙂 ) and this is not an exact science, but what you do want is about –
- A little less 1/4 mug milk
- 1/4 mug Self Raising Flour
- 2 or 3 good dollops (teaspoon was used) of Nutella
- A dash (or 10 – I love TABASCO sauce! depending on your hot and spicy tolerance) of Tabasco Pepper Sauce
You want to end up with a slightly thick batter mix and NO HIGHER THAN 1/2 full in your mug. It really raises and fluffs up, so don’t fill up to the top, or you’ll spend more time than this takes to cook, cleaning your microwave.
Mix BRISKLY with that spoon, which will shortly be used for gobbling up this yummy snack! At this stage, it doesn’t look particularly appealing …
Now, Nuke on full strength for 1 minute – that is how long it took in our 1100W microwave. Time may vary depending on your settings. I’ve tried a few different settings and recipe ratios and this one comes out moist and the Chili Chocolate taste is just about right I think.
I had to eat all of my ‘testers’, so I’m off to the gym. Bah, one more bite …
YUMMO! Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day for the 14 February,