I love the look of marble and while that marble printed vinyl doing the rounds on various sites is gorgeous, I’m on a budget … so here’s a cheeky DIY version that will only cost a few bucks.
You will need:
- Old Mouse Pad. Like a neoprene one with the fabric glued to the foam base.
- Glue Stick. Like a Bostik Blu Stik (Australia) and make sure it is FULL.
- Clear Contact. I used a roll from Kmart, only $1.
- Marble Paper.
You can find it through my Etsy ShopFREE adorablest-free-marble-printable
- Scissors & Blade Cutter. Make sure they are very sharp.
- Cutting Mat. So as not to gouge buy celebrex online uk holes in the carpet 🙂
How to :
1. Download and Print the Free Marble Paper. No need to trim to size yet.
2. Fully coat your mouse pad with the glue stick. It absorbs a lot = use a FULL stick.
3. Glue the Marble Paper to the mouse pad. Leave to dry under books overnight.
4. Clear contact over the top of the Marble Paper.
5. Turn upside down onto your cutting mat.
6. Cut through both the paper and contact with your blade cutter, trim with scissors.
That’s it! The desk looks more modern now and I think it should hold up to wear and tear. FYI – I use a wireless, optical mouse and it works fine. The clear contact doesn’t affect it.