You will need:
- Small Rocks. A little rough for realism, smallish and have a flat ‘gluing’ side.
- Gold Leaf or Faux Gold Leaf. I purchased some inexpensive ‘flakes’.
- Brush. Small paintbrush.
- Magnets. These are neodymium magnets. Tiny but super strong.
- Mod Podge. I used the matte kind.
You will also need (not pictured):
- Strong Glue. E6000 or similar.
How to :
- Clean your rocks – an old toothbrush works well. Dry thoroughly.
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge over rock and gradually add the gold leaf.
- When fully covered with gold leaf, seal with an all over coat of Mod Podge.
- Glue your magnets to the flattest side.
All that glitters is not gold; Often have you heard that told
– From Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice