You will need:
- Plastic Pot. I found one in pink, but choose any colour.
- Hobby Knife. Nice and Sharp – Be Careful.
- Scissors. Try to find the smaller kind.
- Tape Measure. To measure the scallop spacing.
- Washi tape. Because it is writable or use masking tape.
- Sharpie / Pen. For marking out spacing and drawing your scallops.
- Hole Punch. I used a single – it could be a little difficult with a document one.
How to :
- Start by carefully slicing with the hobby knife into the pot, just under the thicker rim. Slice until you can manoeuvre your scissors into the pot, without tearing the plastic.
- Cut and remove sections with your scissors as you go. Allow a little extra and don’t remove the piece right up to where you’ve cut (see Pic 5.), so as not to tear the pot.
- When you’ve removed the rim, go around the cut edge buy generic antibiotics with the washi tape. It may have some creasing with the shape of the pot. Just smooth as much as you can.
- Turn the pot upside down and measure. In this case, it was 40cm. So each scallop was 2.5cm (about an inch) x 16. Use your judgement (and calculator) to work it out.
- Cut DOWN with the scissors to each point of the scallop. Otherwise trying to turn around in that small space with the scissors will pull on the plastic and again, tear.
- When finished, remove the washi tape and mark a dot with your Sharpie for the hole. It can be tough, so punch, then ROTATE (don’t lift) in same spot, punch again.
- A small piece of tape can be used as a guide, or just keep visually punching around.
- The leftover dots can be colourful mulch!
Fill with your favourite plant to bring a bit of fun to your home, or give as a gift!
Let me know if you’ve made one and send me your links / photos. Have Fun 🙂